Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Blow-Out Two-Strand Twist Update!

Hey guys! Hope you had a great Wednesday. I had a interesting hair day today and thought I would share. I took my twists out on Tuesday and was pretty pleased with the outcome. My hair looked about 6 inches longer than it normally does and I realized how much I've missed having long hair.


Here are some more pictures of this morning before I left for class:



And here is where it gets interesting. By the end of the day the waviness I had in the front had fallen out and the back was a little puffy. That was cool. My hair used to always 'swell' when it was long before so that by the end of the day each chunky twist-out piece was swollen. I like that look too so it doesn't bother me and I don't try to prevent it.
So, around 4:30 I went to the gym to do a weight lifting class. I normally don't wear my hair out to the gym when I do Body Step, my aerobic step class, because of the humidity in the room. Since I was just going to lift, I did not anticipate it would be a problem at all so I just went straight from UNC. Well...I noticed about halfway through the hour-long class my hair appeared to be growing. The class is in a big room surrounded by mirrors on 3 sides. I was in the back row but I could see my hair above everybody else in the mirror, even though I couldn't see my face! I guess the room was more humid that I thought it would be, silly me. By the end of the class this is what I was left with:




Each hair was totally separated creating this poofy look! Ah well, it's cool. I know better for next time. I just thought it was funny that by the end of Pump class I had hair all in my face. It was like a cottony halo! So now I am sitting here back in two-strand twists in an attempt to reset for tomorrow. I sprayed each section with Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-In conditioner and re-twisted so I anticipate a somewhat defined twist-out in the A.M.
So that brings me to you...what do you ladies do when you work out?? Do you twist or pin up in a certain way? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment