Wednesday, October 13, 2010

To the TEA...







I have been doing some research on natural hair Tea Rinses and I am dying to try them once I take out my protective style. When I make my homemade hair spritz I have used dried lavender flowers and water to make the base of the spritz. It has worked very well for me and I also mix aloe vera juice along with some essential oils. My hair not only feels great but it smells awesome! I wanted to venture outside of just suing spritz though and I want to try new herbs that will benefit my hair in different ways. Below is a list of some herbs that are good for kinky/curly hair types. 

I will be trying these for my tea rinses:
chamomile
nettle
rosemary
sage
marshmallow root
lemon blossoms
horsetail
geranium
lavender

If you want to try tea rinses for yourself here are a few links to online stores that sell them for great prices:

What I like a lot about the tea rinse is the fact that the prep time is SIMPLE and you can use the tea as a leave in conditioner. Local Harvest recommends people to follow these steps:

Simply add a tea bag to large mouth glass jar and fill with boiling water and cover. Allow the herbs to steep for about 30 minutes. Apply the rinse after shampooing, rub into the scalp and leave the rinse on. Your hair will be smooth and soft, blow-dry and style as normal.

Have any of you tried tea rinses? If so how have they worked for you?
Do you have any tips/tricks to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment