Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Hair Trial: Amla Powder Mix Part II

Hey guys! The following is Part II to my Amla powder hair treatment. Click here to see Part I. So after I rinsed out the Amla powder, I loaded up my hair with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner and detangled. After detangling, I applied cholesterol conditioner, separated my hair in four sections, added olive oil to my parts, covered with a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for an hour.


The Results
After a final rinse, I was left with soft, fluffy, poofy hair! My scalp looked very clean which makes me very happy!

At this point I was tired of hair for the day! And yet for some odd reason I decided I should do small twists. I applied some Shea Moisture leave in to my whole head and proceeded to twist using Fantasia IC aloe gel on each twist and shea butter on the ends. I lightly oiled my scalp with Vatika oil as I went. So here we go....
A few hours later I had a head full of shiny twists!


Final Thoughts on Amla:
Overall I really liked this treatment. It was inexpensive (about 2 bucks total), it worked like a charm on my scalp, and was easy to apply and rinse. I will probably use this treatment once a month or as often as I feel like a need a deep cleansing of the scalp!

No comments:

Post a Comment