Tuesday, October 26, 2010

MAC Holiday 2010: A Tartan Tale

Every year MAC releases their holiday collection a couple months before Christmas! They usually send invites (I personally don't know how they choose who they send them to) but this was my 3rd invite and 2nd time attending (I didn't attend last years). This year's collection is called A Tartan Tale which just looked like plaid to me! When I got there they gave me this little booklet & a pom pom! The booklet was like a little story book which kind of goes with their theme because I guess they're releasing it in "Chapters" because only the Lip, Eye, & Brush bags have been released not the mini lipgloss & pigment sets.



The actual invitation


I went with a couple of my friends and they served cocktails (whiskey sours) & little chocolate hor d'oeurves thingies. I didn't get to try the chocolates because I was caught up with all the make up! I wish I took pictures but I get really ashamed at big events like that because nobody else is! But there was a guy dressed up as a Scottish (I think?) person (he was wearing a kilt) and random guys serving drinks. It was fun! I really wanted to buy everything (like always) but I limited myself because I didn't see the mini lipgloss & nail polish sets! I only bought 4 things but they put it in a little bag! I'm such a sucker for LE stuff


one side of the bag


the other side

I think you can use it as a gift bag because the little gold thing says "To: & Fr:"


my little haul


The Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette, Her Blooming Cheek Blush, Cut A Caper Lipstick, Passing Fancy Dazzleglass Creme


cover of the palette


Top: Silverwear (F), Hold My Gaze (F), To The Ball (S)
Bottom: Altered State (VXP), Magic Moor (VXP, Heather Belles (S)


L to R: Silverwear (F), Hold My Gaze (F), To The Ball (S), Altered State (VXP), Magic Moor (VXP, Heather Belles (S)


Her Blooming Cheek Blush


Cut A Caper Lipstick


Cut A Caper L/S, Passing Fancy DGC, & Her Blooming Cheek Blush

I didn't realize when I got home that I got Passing Fancy! I meant to get Radiant Jewels because it was sooo pretty but I wanted Passing Fancy too and I guess I checked the wrong box on my thing. I was going to return it but I decided not to. I picked Cut A Caper because it reminded me of Cute-Ster from the MAC HK collection & it was my fave! I regret not geting a back up but Cut A Caper is not as shimmery and more pigemented which I love. I picked this palette because I tend to gravitate towards purples so I think I'll get more use out of it. I wanted the Twist of Tartan's palette because of the bright green color in it but I really don't think I'd use that palette at all. I might go back for Glamora Castle E/S because it's such a pretty greyish blue color & the Noble Knights Lash & Line Kit but I'm not entirely sure yet. The collection launched online today and in stores Thursday! Did you guys get anything? Or what are you planning to get?

No comments:

Post a Comment