Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Marshmallow Root Hair Mask

So I took my weave out. I know it was only in for 2 weeks BUT I could not take the itching. My scalp was burning and nothing was helping. Once I took down the weave I was instantly relieved. My scalp was caked with gunk too. It was gross and my hair smelled awful. I made the right choice for me and my hair. I was kind of bummed that I wasted my money. I only paid $60 to get it installed so it wasn't that bad. It wasn't a $250 weave. If it was that sucker would've stayed in, LOL. Anyways, my hair needed some TLC and a good trim.
I was planning on doing a Bentonite clay hair mask but I was out of powder. So instead I used Marshmallow Root Powder as my base. See below for the recipe and details.

Recipe:
8 oz of water
2 cups of Marshmallow Root Powder
2 teaspoon of Honey
1 teaspoon on Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Coconut Oil to coat hair strands before mask application.

1. Mix the MRP and the water together very well. Using a hand mixer helps a lot. Make sure the consistancy is similar to pudding..
2. Add in the honey and JBCO. Stir well.
3.Apply Coconut oil to hair before the mask.

Below are some pictures that I took of my hair while applying the mask.
My strands felt amazing and my curls were very defined.

Sectioned hair before the hair mask was applied.

My hair was super dry and frizzy!

I used Hairveda's Vatika frosting as my coconut oil of choice. I love this stuff.


My ends were NASTY! I was so glad to get rid of them.


Up close curls. 

This in between length is INTERESTING, LOL. I look like a mushroom head.



Look at those curls! 




I rinsed the mask out of my hair after 45 minutes. 
I then coated my strands with Giovanni's 50/50 conditioner while I was in the shower. 
I rinsed most of it out and then parted my hair in 6 sections.
Each section had about 6 individual twists in them.
Before I twisted I dusted my ends with some sheers to get rid of my SSK's.
I then banded the twisted sections to prevent major shrinkage.
My hair was NICE and stretched this morning and my ends feel soft and clean. 
See below for my stretched twist out puff.












No comments:

Post a Comment