Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Products: Jane Carter Solution

This review is long over due.
I have had the Jane Carter Solutions Line for months now.

The products I will be reviewing from JCS are listed below:
*Twist and Lock Pudding
*Nourish and Shine Butter
*Natural Spray and Hold Gel
*Scalp Nourishing Serum


I must say that I have been a fan of JCS products for about 2 years now.
I first discovered her line in Whole Foods and I believe I tried the Hair Nourishing Creme.
I liked it a lot minus the overpowering scent.
Earlier this year I picked up the Nourish and Shine along with the Twist and Lock.
I am a huge fan of the two when it comes using them for twist outs.
My hair comes out very soft and moisturized. 
The one thing I do not like about these two products is the hold strength or lack there of.
I barely get any definition from the products so I often pair them with a little Eco Styler to give me that defined and crisp look. 
The spray gel and the leave in conditioner (not pictured) are pretty awesome too.
I like the spray gel because it is light but still gives a firm hold without leaving the hair crunchy, hard, sticky or all of the above.
When I pull my hair back into a puff ball I use the light weight gel to smooth down my edges.
Works like a charm!
The leave in, to me, is like any other leave in. I can actually make it myself so I will not be repurchasing it
but it gets the job done. 
I keep it in my car just in case I randomly need to refresh my hair.
I also carry a spray leave-in conditioner in my purse.
The more the merrier.
Like I mentioned before I am not a fan of the scents.
They are way too strong and floral for my liking but luckily they do not linger in my hair.
The Scalp Serum is my most recent purchase.
I picked it up from Target last week and I have been using it religiously.
I am very impressed with this product.
It has a lot of essential oils in it and it soothes my scalp like no other.
I have been suffering from itchy scalp lately and the oil has definitely helped with making my itchy scalp subside.

Overall I give the JCS line a 4/5.
Have you tried her products?
If so, how do you like it?
Any of the products above apart of your regimen?


The ingredients in the products are below:

Twist and Lock Pudding 
Ingredients : Purified Water, Shea Butter, Kokum Butter, Illippe Butter, Mango Butter, Vtamins A, D, & E, Sweet Orange, Lemongrass, Grapefruit, Palmarosa, Cedarwood, Geranium, Bergamot, Rosemary Essential Oils, Jojoba, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid.

Nourish and Shine Butter
Ingredients : Shea butter, Kokum butter, Illippe butter, Mango butter, Vitamins A, D, & E, pear and grapefruit essential oils. 

Natural Hold Spray Gel
Ingredients : Purified Water, Anthemis Noblis Flower, Symphytum Officinal Leaf, Equisetum Arvense, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Urtica Dioica (nettle), Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Lawsonia Inermis (Henna),PVP/VA Copolymer, Essential oils Fragrance, Glyceryl caprylate, methylisothiazolinone, (preservative)
Scalp Nourishing Serum


Ingredients: Pure Essential Oils, Vitamins A, D & E, pure botanicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment