Saturday, July 3, 2010

IMATS LA 2010!

This post is going to be REALLLY long and I'm going to ramble a lot about my IMATS experience sooo you can skip to the bottom for pictures if you want! If you have me on facebook you've already seen my IMATS pictures but my haul pictures are at the bottom. :]



First off, I just want to say that IMATS was CRAAZY. It was hella crowded I was kind of annoyed at first! At the last minute I was debating whether or not I should go but I'm really glad that I did. I got one of my best friends, Dez, to drive out with me to Cali and we were planning to stay Saturday and Sunday but we decided to go for Saturday only. It was crazyyy. We ended up going out the night before so we didn't get home until 2 AM then we woke up 5-6 AM to get ready! We finally hit the road around 7 AM and got to Alhambra at 12 PM just in time for Boiling Crab to open!!



I've been wanting to eat there FOREVER especially since the seafood in Arizona sucks major ass! We got 1 lb of shrimp and 1 lb of crab and we were both stuffed. I swear I felt heavier after that!




before


killed that shit!!


Right after we hit up IMATS! I felt so ugly LOL we drove in from Phoenix and I did my make up in the car and we didn't dress up or anything!! I wasn't planning on staying that long but I didn't realize how big it was! I guess I should have known lol. We got there pretty late, around 2 PM and it was soooo crowded. I was seriously annoyed it was just crazy ish. Generally I think I'm pretty nice but when it comes to a crowd like that I can't stand when people don't wanna let you in, so of course I'm gonna be a biatch back and push my way through! I don't like doing it but c'mon ifyou're not even looking at the shit move over!! lol But overall I thought it was fun! I saw so many YouTube guru's there but I was way to ashamed to ask for pictures! Idk it's just weird to me! I saw kandeejohnson and people were crowding around her like crazy! I saw EnkoreMakeup & PurseBuzz at the Crown Brush booth, julieg713 - she is GORGEOUS in person!, QueenOfBlendingMUA - I think her make up looks like A LOT on camera but her make up in person is amazing! I saw MakeUpByRenRen too. Idk there were so many gurus there but I swear I felt like a stalker because I was like omg there's blah blah blah to my best friend (she doesn't follow youtube that much lol) and she was like oh. hahah I thought the coolest part would definitely have to be the stage make up! Actually I don't know what it's called but I think it's crazy how make up can transform people into a completely different character. Here's some of the things we saw:


Idk what she's supposed to be but I think this MUA won 2nd place for something?




I Think this picture is SO FUNNY! Because Dez looked at the MUA because she wanted to ask her to take OUR picture with her model but she was like "Oh do you want me to be in the picture? OK" so she just jumped in LMAO!!!


He reminded me of Darby Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean! He was all into his character I <3 it.


I think this is the Mehron booth?


I couldn't get a good pic of her


Or her. LOL


Avatar girl! She told me her make up took the whole day! OMG! But it's so cool!


IDK we were just snapping pictures lol


Pursebuzz!!

This guy was CRAZY! I think he was supposed to be Lucifer because he had the devil horns and broken wings in the back. We saw them doing his make up and the final product! He was on stilts and he chased people around and scared them. LOL He had to have been an actor but he was really into his character it was so coool :]


Lucifer in the making




His crazy broken wings


finished product! I was too chicken to take pictures with him LOL


Me & Dez leaving IMATS

I had a ton of fun I'm glad I wore slippers instead of HEELS! IDK how some of you girls can wear that because there was so much walking around to do! We stayed til the end around 5 they were announcing that they were kicking people out haha so we left and went to pick up my cousin in Costa Mesa then headed to...


Roscoe's!!

I freaking love this place. Fried chicken is my ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE FAVOOOORITE food!! haha I'm such a fatty. I seriously could eat fried chicken ALL day EVERY day! No joke. Ask anyone who knows me. The hub gets mad sometimes cause all I cook is chicken haha.



But OMG I swear. Whoever thought of chicken and waffles together is THE SHIT. lol

I was planning to include my haul in this post but it's like 1 AM and I am exhausted from this week! I made a video of my haul but I was editing it and it's 20 minutes long! I think because I was talking about my trip and then my haul but I'm gonna re-record it probably do a VLOG and a haul vid. I was doing the vid and I was like damn this is why blogger > youtube LOL there's no 10 minute limit on what I have to say on blogger and you can always skip over parts you don't want to read!! I mean I Do like YT but blogging definitely has a place in my heart. haha!! But my next post [probably tomorrow] will be my haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment