Friday, July 23, 2010

Urban Decay Naked Palette



So I finally got my Urban Decay Naked Palette! I ordered it from Sephora last Friday and I got it in yesterday. I know there's a lot of hype around this palette but I saw it in person at IMATS last month and after finding how much product it comes with it's definitely a steal!



The packaging is so pretty. Definitely a step up from Urban Decay. I have their Sustainable Palette which is supposed to be sustainable but the cover broke on me! This packaging is definitely more luxe its covered in velvet? Or fake velvet? I'm not sure but it's really pretty! My only gripe is that it's velvet so if it gets dirty I can't wash it or anything. The inside is made out of cardboard but it's pretty sturdy and considering that there are 12 eyeshadows, it's pretty compact. I think it would be great for travel!


the palette!

SWATCHES

Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal


Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked


Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

I loove the way it looks! I haven't done any looks with it yet but I can tell it's love at first sight. I love that Urban Decay released new colors with this! I was kind of getting tired of seeing Midnight Cowboy in EVERY palette. I like that except for Creep, they don't have the gritty silver glitter that a lot of the UD shadows have. A lot of the colors are definitely wearable for everyday - seriously not everyone can wear bright eyeshadow to work! Sin, Naked, Half Baked, Smog, Toasted, and Gunmetal are permanent - so half th epalette is permanent and I think the other 6 are brand new shades. I know Half Baked is in a LOT of the palettes but the only other colors besides that tone that I have are Smog and Toasted so I'm really happy that I got it. Each eyeshadow in the palette is 0.05 oz/1.3 g and the full size shadows are 0.05 oz/1.3 g too! So you're getting 12 full size eyeshadows + a double ended 24/7 liners for $44! That's like $3-4 per eyeshadow when a full size by itself cost $17! In my opinion it's definitely worth it but I might be jumping the gun before I even do a FOTD with it! I'll post a FOTD tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment