Friday, July 23, 2010

Captured Curls of the Week: Tamika

I am pleased to introduce to this beautiful lady and her BEAUTIFUL hair!
Tamika has great hair and a great story.
Read Below!




Tell me about YOU
My name is Tamika, I am DC Born, and Maryland raised. I currently work as an administrative assistant, sales associate at Urban Outfitters, and personal assistant to Designer Kenny “KAS” Flannagan of Kas Collection Inc. (www.kascollectioninc.com). I am also an aspiring fashion designer, so working with Kas has been a wonderful experience for me. Coming this spring semester I will be a Fashion Design student at Marymount University.. YAY lol
3.Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, ect...)
My regimen is simple. I wash and DC my hair every 2 weeks, but if I feel it is a bit too dry i CO Wash when needed. At night I braid my hair in 6 cornrows to keep it from getting matted while sleep and just take them out in the morning. I dont use heat to often on my hair unless I am going to get my hair done, only then do I blow dry my hair. As far as products go, I wouldn't say I'm a product junkie but I do have a few right now my favorites are Carol's Daughter Hair milk, and Lisa's Hair elixer for daily moistureizers. Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair butter to smooth down edges and frizz, and I also use this product when doing flat twists. I DC with a bunch of different conditioners Giovoni's and colesterol conditioners, also the Organix.. Gotta get me some Safi Hair care products and try those too =)
4.Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type
I am a 4b hair type, so my hair looooves moisture. The above products I listed have not failed me so I'm going to stick with those, and whatever else I find along the way that gives me the results I want.
5.Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural
I first started going natural October of 08 and by the time January 08 rolled around I was attending North Carolina A&T so everyone already thought I was completely natural lol. I received great reactions give or take a few like one chick saying "girl you need a perm" and what not lol.



6.Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?
I transitioned from October 2008 until May or June of 2009 then cut off all the relaxed ends I had left.
What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?
It's sooooo versatile!! I can wear it straight, curly, braided... whatever I want. I love it!
8. Where can we find you on the web?
My twitter, and my blog





No comments:

Post a Comment