Sunday, July 4, 2010

Captured Curls: La La of Domini Chulinda Blog

I am pleased to introduce you to one of my FAVORITE BLOGGERS!
She is GORGEOUS and has BEAUTIFUL hair.
Read her story below and visit her by clicking the links provided..




2. Tell me about YOU
I’m a twin to a boy who is a Piscean like myself (but of course). I’m a lover to the same guy for 5 years and we so happen share the same birthday (2 years apart). I love animals and wanted to by a NYPD (good Bronx catholic kid) until I discovered the shady side of the law. College graduated (Bonnie Siegler is my hero).Freelance designer. The world knows me as Lala.

3. Tell me your hair care regimen (do you use heat, natural products, etc...)
A. I tend to Co-wash (conditioner only) my hair a lot with a hydrating creamy conditioner that’s on the TLC side.  I’ve used Tresemme Naturals Conditioner as well as Devacurl one conditioner and both works great! I even use v05 moisturizing conditioner to do the trick.

 B. After I wash my hair and squeeze out the access water I place it in four sections since my hair is very dense I need to make sure I get everything.

C. I spritz a mist of some sort to each section piece after piece (because I work within the 4 section). I love making my mist (aloe vera juice, glycerin, water, etc.). or using something pre-made CHI Keratin Mist Spray, CHI Curl Preserve Low pH Leave-In Conditioner or the infusium spray  mixed with some oil.

Let the hair air dry…no heat.


D. Apply Yes to cucumber conditioner or a creamy conditioner to each section as a leave-in or Tresemme Bouncy Curls + Shea butter mix.

When the second week approaches I shampoo with Tresemme's Naturals Shampoo.



4. Tell me your texture and what works best on your hair type
My hair is considered to be “4a Hair Type” Which means it’s tightly coiled. This hair type leads to breakage if not cared correctly for. My hair is so dry that it’s fragile and breaks with any forceful handling so I pretty much try to do everything at a soft paste.  For protective hair styles I tend to lean towards twist-outs and buns since for low manipulation hair styles as well as afros.


  
5. Tell me the reaction you got when first going natural:

Well, when I first decided to chop my hair I was alone in my head with a head full of breakage.  I just chopped without thinking twice.  Everyone had no choice, but to support it…and you know what? They did automatically. The support system was out of the woodworks. My mom and sister are natural so the two most important people loved it. My boyfriend loves my hair like this verse straight and he has like 2a hair type.

6. Did you BC or transition, if so when or for how long?
I did the big chop. So I’ve been natural (grew all my hair on my head) for 3 years it will be in December 2010.



7. What makes you love your kinks, curls and coils?
 I love waking up to a hair that pretty much has its own rules. So, no middle man full with bochinche involved lol. I know at times I do want to flatten it, but my boyfriend always there to say …”why did you go natural in the first place? to be free of heat …etc”

8. Where can we find you on the web?

- Blog: http://dominichulinda.blogspot.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/dominichulinda
- Youtube: http://youtube.com/vitalbuzz

9. Anything EXTRA you want us to know?
Thanks so much for featuring me!! It means a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment