Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Regimen

I have gotten a lot of questions on what my regimen is.
To be completely honest I really haven't had a strict one until recently.
I find that since it's the summer I it's important to take EXTRA care
of my kinks and curls to prevent breakage, dehydration, and all that other NOT good stuff.
So now that I have a set regimen in place, I can share it will all of you beautiful people!
Below are the steps I take to wash, co-wash, deep condition and LOVE my hair...

Washing and Conditioning:
I only wash my hair 2ce a month with Shea Moisture Shampoo.
 I wash in sections.
I clip my hair is 4 parts (sometimes I am lazy and don't clip) and I wet, lather and rinse
one section at a time.
I also de-tangle the sections with my shower comb while the shampoo is in.
Once each section is clean, rinsed and de-tangled
I condition my hair the same way I shampoo.

(The reason I wash my hair this wash is because it's so thick
and sometimes I have a lot of build up and I can't get my hair really clean without sectioning. it an be very time consuming though, that's probably why it only gets done 2x a month.)

Co-Washing:
I love co-washing!
I use a different conditioner every time (that's the PJ in me).
LOL.
I co-wash every 3 days or so.
My favorite conditioners to use are:

1. TIGI Love Peace & The Planet Eco Awesome Cranberry Orange Mint Moisturizing Conditioner 

2. Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
3.Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Conditioner
4. Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp

All of the products work great!
I sometimes will add Coconut oil to add extra moisture and some sheen.
When I co-was I keep it simple. 
I just wet my hair really well and use my hands to part and section my hair.
Then I evenly distribute the conditioner all over.
I let it sit for about 10 minutes and voila!
Conditioned, soft curls!

Deep Conditioning:
I must that DC'ing is my LEAST favorite thing to do.
Maybe it's because I used powders, clays, oils and such 
that make my surroundings VERY messy!
The outcome is always satisfying so I guess it's worth it!
When I DC'd I typically use:
Bentonite Clay Powder
Horsetail Root Powder
Marshmallow Root Powder
**mixed with**
Coconut oil
Shea Moisture's Moisture Mask Conditioner
I use this mixture at the beginning of the month and at the end.
I find that using betonite clay gives my hair a good detox
and leaves it feeling much stronger.



No comments:

Post a Comment