Monday, July 5, 2010

June Favorites & Rejects



I finally posted my June Favorites & Rejects! I didn't have that many things because I've been too busy to do my make up all the time so I only put on a full face on the weekends when I go out! But here's a little more in depth blog about my favorites & rejects.

FAVORITES



[in random order]
+ MAC 130 Brush I LOOOVE this brush for my liquid foundation. I just checked the MAC website and it is still online. To me it's kind of an expensive brush because it's $38 but I looove it. I have the MAC 109 and I used to use that for foundation but anyone who owns one knows that shit sheds like crazy! But I liked it because it has a smaller brush head and gives me more control. I've tried the 187 for foundation and I really don't like it. It turns out streaky on me if I do use a 187 for foundation I only do it with powders. But the 130 is amazing because it's so small and dense. I feel like it blends everything out so much better and NO shedding! At least not for me!

+ TOKIDOKI BASTARDINO PALETTE You can totally tell that I bought this palette for the packaging! I was really disappointed in the Tokidoki make up line in general because I wanted to buy ALL of it! But I didn't like the colors and the pay off when I actually saw it in person but this palette was the only one I really liked and I knew I would use it. It's perfect if you're on the go and you wanna do a natural look but the only thing is the palette is really big and bulky! =[ But it's still cute! The color payoff in the browns is awesome but the green eyeshadow (Bastardino) isn't too good. I had to swipe it twice for the color to be pigmented. Another downside is Riposino and Bastardino have chunky silver glitter in it and I did experience some fall out when I used it but it didn't bother me too much. But I loooved the browns in this palette because they reminded me of some of my favorite MAC browns like Riposino reminded me of MAC's Time & Space [my favorite brown lid color] and Mummeto reminded me [kinda] of Espresso but a little more reddish brown.


Tokidoki Palette Swatches
L to R: Carnivora, Riposino, Mummetto, & Bastardino

+ MAC HIPNESS BLUSH I'm really surprised how much I like this blush! When I first saw it at MAC, I thought it might have been a little too light but since I have a darker skintone it's actually really buildable on me. I can have a light coral flush or make it super pigmented and I really like it!

+ STILA KAJAL LINER IN ONYX At first I hated this eyeliner because I was like WTF it swatched super black when I first saw it in Sephora but when I got it, it wasn't as dark and it practically fell off my waterline when I first used it! But since I already bought it (sometimse I'm too lazy to return things!) I figured I might as well try it out for a little longer and I'm glad I did! When I started sharpening it, the color got a lot darker and it stayed on a lot better. Idk what's on that first layer! lol It's really soft too so it doesn't scratch my waterline and I just love how BLACK it is! I tried to use my MAC Technakohl on one eye with the Stila on the other and Stila definitely wins hands down!

+ MAC CREME CUP LIPSTICK I was soo dumb I freaking lost my first Creme Cup lipstick on vacation in Hawaii! =[ I took it with me to the club and I guess I was too drunk to notice what happened do it but it wasn't in my wristlet the next morning! UGH! haha But I loved it so much I went out and got a new one! I have a hard time finding nudes that don't make me look like Snooki from Jersey Shore!! It's a really pretty light pinky nude and I feel like it goes with everything! I've been wearing it this whole month with my next favorite..


MAC Creme Cup Lipstick

+ MAC OYSTER GIRL LIPGLASS I've had this lipglass forever but I haven't really used it because it ended up being too light. Sometimes I used it to tone down darker lipsticks, but ever since I found MAC Creme Cup, I looove that color combo!!


MAC Creme Cup Lipstick & Oyster Girl Lipstick

+ MAC FASCINATING RUBIES SMOKEY EYE PALETTE I always reach for this palette! Sometimes just because Carbon's in this palette but whenever I have no clue what I wanna do, I always go for the smokey eye. I can do brown smokey, gray smokey, even brown & black smokey. It's really versatile in terms of smokey eyes and in my opinion, Satin Taupe and Carbon are definitely MAC must haves! This came out for Holiday 2008 so it's not available but like I said, Satin Taupe and Carbon are really all you need!


MAC Smokey Eyes Palette

REJECTS


+ L'OREAL 360 FACIAL CLEANSER I really wanted to like this cleanser, but I don't. I think the little scrublet - which you can pop out - is really cool because it's different and I feel like it does get all the make up out, but the cleanser itself I really didn't like. IDK if you can tell from the picture but I really have been using it for the past month - it's halfway gone! - and I just don't like it. When I use it without the scrublet it just didn't take out anything I felt like my Mary Kay cleanser cleans my face a lot better. It just doesn't give me the clean feeling that I like but I do love the scrublet! It's gentle and really cleans deep! I wish they sold it separately

+ MAC SUNTINTS IN FULL OF GRACE I have super chapped lips all the time and I love MAC Tendertones so I thought it would be similar to it but it's not. I'm not sure if it's the SPF in it (It's SPF 20) but it feels kind of oily? I'm not sure how to describe it. I feel like it sits on top of my lip but it doesn't moisturize it like I expected it to and I think it was $14? Which is a LOT for a lip conditioner thing that doesn't work!

I know I said my next post would be my haul but I swear I'll put it up soon! It's the week of my finals so I have a ton of shit to do this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment