Friday, July 9, 2010

IMATS Haul

I looked effed up in this (idk what's up with my hair! lol) but I uploaded my vlog on IMATS to YouTube. It's basically a condensed version of my IMATS post I had to cut out my ramblings about our little mishap haha. The annoying thing about making vids is EDITING them. I feel like either I talk too much or I have to cut out a lot of stuff! =[ That's why blogging > videos. You can skip through whatever you don't want to read and I can post as long as I like! lol



Anyway Here's my haul on all the shit I got from IMATS! I think it's a lot but then I think it's not? I swear I would have got a SHITLOAD if I got through the MUFE line! Oh I uploaded a YouTube video too on it!




the haul!

Now for pictures!


MAC Haul & Blinc Mascara

Me & Dez tried to walk around first to see what was worth buying but it was so crowded halfway around we just started buying lol! I don't even remember what we bought first! But the MAC booth was one of the last ones I went to. It was only 20% off but I wanted to get some stuff because I don't have a pro card or anything but we went towards the end so they sold out of A LOT of things! I originally wanted Contrast eyeshadow and another purple one I forgot which one and Electra but I only got Electra! I wanted the 224 brush too but it was all gone too! =[ I ended up just getting a pack of wipes (because I always need wipes!), the new Opulash mascara and Electra eyeshadow! I would've picked out more things but I didn't wanna hold up the line and I already bought a bunch of other stuff! lol The Blinc mascara was only $12! It normally retails for $24 so I got it at half price. I've heard of their brand before but I never really looked into it, it sounds really cool how it "tubes" your lashes instead of sticks to it. I loove mascara it was like the only thing besides foundation that I use to wear in high school! But I'm really OCD about it and I have to throw it away after 3-4 months depending on how often I use it because I always think about the bacteria getting in it! That's why idk I always buy a shit load of mascara and they sit in the box until I finish one up haha! The most I have open at a time is 2 and right now I only have MAC Studio Fix Lash and Maybelline Lash Blast!



I bought this little set of brush cleaner stuff for only $20 at the Parian Spirit booth! It comes with a 16 oz bottle, a mini spray bottle, two wipes, and the little jar you clean it in with the sifter inside. You basically put brush cleaner until it touches the sifter thing or covers it alittle then you swirl your brushes around in it and the make up just slides right off! They don't really have their product out I think it's just for professional make up artists and whatnot because you can only buy them at certain beauty schools! But OMG I've used this stuff twice already and I LOVE IT! It smells so good! Well it just smells really clean to me, it's orange scented and it cleans my brushes really good and quick! I just have to swirl it around a few times, wipe it on a clean cloth or paper towel and it's all clean! I'm amazed at how quickly it cleans my MAC 239 & MAC 217 because they have white bristles! I'll probably do a video on it sometime. But it sucks that you can't buy it anywhere but I've googled it and I think they sell it on amazon? The big 16 oz bottle is $16 and I think there's A LOT of product in it. Or you can check parianspirit.com to see if there's a beauty school near you that carries the brush cleaner.


Xsura Moisturizer

This girl approached us about this moisturizer she sold it pretty well. It's a water based moisturizer so if you have super oily skin this is good for you. If you have dry skin though, I don't think it'll be enough! I haven't tried it yet but on my hand it feels really light weight - I can barely feel it at all. I have combo skin so sometimes when I use regular moisturizer it feels a little oily but I might need to put a little extra on some parts that are drier. She said the bigger bottle was $100! I was like WTF she was like we're selling it for only $50 at IMATS I was like um.... me & Dez tried to walk away! LOL But then she was like the little bottle is only $5! I was like OK! But the price difference doesn't make sense to me unless the packaging is really big but there's nothing in it haha! Owell it was only $5.


It's blue! [You can see my skin is KIND of dry]


rubbed into my skin. no more dry! but not that moisturized either.


Senna Cosmetics Samples

The only FREE samples we got were from Senna Cosmetics. I heard Urban Decay was giving out free samples but by the time we got there they didn't have any. =[ lol We went too late! I swear if I go again I'm going right when it opens and heading straight to MUFE! haha The eyeshadow is pretty big and the color is pretty pigmented! The red in the eyeshadow looks almost the same as the red lip liner!


L to R: MAC Electra Eyeshadow, Senna Eyeshadow white/blue/red, Lip Liner (on top) Rouge & Bronze


Miss Adoro Eyelashes

There was a booth selling $1 eyelashes! They kind of remind me of Red Cherry lashes which are only $1 whenever I go home to Hawaii at Don Quijote haha! The packaging is really similar too. I don't really wear fake eyelashes because they take FOREVER for me to put on, but I got 5 to try out.


Last but not least, Crown Brushes! [my brush roll]


Brush roll open


brushesss!

I freaking love brushes. Idk why I can't get enough. I use my MAC brushes the most but they really are a lot better quality then the other ones I have. But don't get it twisted I use my Sonia Kashuk on the regular! haha The brush roll was only $8! I bought my old one at Ulta for $10 I think? and it freakin fell apart after a couple of months and I only use it when I travel! There were holes at the bottom of the brush pocket so they would just slide out! WTF! haha But I like this one because it's pleather or leatherette or whatever I think it'll hold up a lot better and it's black! At first I didn't like the tie, I wanted a snap close or something but it makes it more flexible in case I pack that shit with a lot of brushes! The little bow is cute too when I tie it haha!


close up
L to R: pointed crease, angled liner, blending brush, fluffy round brush, foundation brush?, blush/powder brush

I liked this pointed crease brush because it's not as pointed as my 219 or my Coastal Scents brush and sometimes I wanna define my outer-v but I don't want a solid line. The angled liner because it was only $2! And I haven't found a liner brush that I like besides my 266 so I thought I'd give it a try. Most of the liner brushes I find are too thick - I prefer asuper thin line I can make thicker. The blendy brush reminds me of a 224 and like I said earlier I wanted one! I prefer rounded blending brushes as opposed to he 217 (but I still love mine!) so I wanted to try it. The fluffy round brush reminds me of a MAC 227? I think? I don't have that MAC brush either so yeah. The foundation brush (i think?) reminds me of the Sephora Air Brush! I wanted to buy it but it's $34! I always hold back on buying expensive brushes! I know they're worth it but idk why it's a problem for me. I have no problem throwin down $30 for an MSF. haha! The lash brush is a powder/blush brush. I like it because it's more pointed than a regular blush brush!

Sooo that was pretty much my haul! I didn't think I would talk this much, but like I said, this is why blogger is better than YouTube! I don't have a time limit! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment