Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nourishing Hair Butter- A Review

Hey guys and gals! A few days ago I received a 2 oz sample of Nourishing Hair Butter in the mail. The company is called Nature's Indulgence and was founded by Dionne Murphy.
The ingredients are listed as:

Herbal Infused Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba Oil, Steric Acid, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Glycerin, Optiphen, Vitamin E, Essential and Fragrance Oils and Grapefruit Seed Extract.

As you all know, I have my hair in box braids which I got about a week ago. This past weekend I spend some time in VA where it was really cold and dry. I decided this would be a good time to try out the product and see what benefits it could add to my hair.

The night before I left, I washed it and blotted dry. I added my conditioner on top and let my hair dry. After it was dry, I took a good sized dollop, about a quarter, in my hands and emulsified it. I applied it to the length of the braids on one side and added a little extra to the ends. I repeated this all over my head until each section of braids was moisturized.

The first thing I noticed about this product is the smell. It is light and fresh and almost fruity in a way. The texture is light and whipped. It absorbed quickly into my hair and left behind the lovely scent which was present but not overpowering.

Overall, I like this product. It is a nice light moisturizer but probably not enough by itself if you really like heavy creams for your hair. I would use this under an oil probably. I will have to try it again after I take my braids out to see how my hair like it for twists and other loose styles.

Thanks to Dionne for the sample and good luck with your business.

If you'd like to check out her other products, visit her blog and site!

No comments:

Post a Comment