Saturday, February 20, 2010

MAC Spring Color Forecast/Viva Glam From Our Lips Haul

WARNING! This post is picture heavy!

When I originally looked at the Spring Color Forecast collection online, I wans't really intrigued by it but seeing the swatches in person sucked me in! I loved a lot of the lippies! The eyeshadows didn't really impress me except for maybe the second quad but I figured I have so many colors that are similar that I don't even use. I B2M'd for 2 of the lipsticks and then I ended up getting the new Viva Glam lipsticks too! Here's what I ended up getting:




PS am I the only one who notices the new labels on the boxes?


They used to be stickers now they're actually stamped on the box! Maybe too many people were getting smart and trying to return things lol!


Blush Ombre's & Hot, Hot, Hot Eyeshadow


Blush Ombre in Ripe Peach


L to R: blush swirled, dark side, light side


Blush Ombre in Azalea Blossom


Eyeshadow in Hot, Hot, Hot


Hot, Hot, Hot - Azalea dark, light, swirled

Ripe Peach was definitely my favorite blush! It's such a pretty coral-y orange-y color I think it would definitely give you that glowy look. I'm on the fence about Azalea - it's kind of dark for my taste but it's different from what I normally have so I think I'll have to try it out before I write it off. The MAC MA said that I could use it as a cheek contour! I have to try that sometime. I got Hot, Hot, Hot because it was the only color that stood out to me! It's a red-orange color and you know MAC barely ever does reds! It's definitely a unique color.


Color Me Coral & Fresh Salmon Lipsticks


MAC Color Me Coral (sorry about my chapped lips!)


MAC Fresh Salmon Lipstick

I think I'm in a coral phase right now! I've already used half of my MAC HK Cute-ster lipstick and I'm kind of sad because it's broken too! I picked out Color Me Coral because it reminded me of Cute-ster but they are not dupes of each other. Color Me Coral is a Frost so it has that shimmery look to it. Reminds me of most finishes of lighter colored NYX lipsticks! I don't like it by itself but maybe some clear gloss will fix the finish! Fresh Salmon was definitely one of my faves it's a great everyday color for me because it's not too bright and not too light!

And the Viva Glam lipsticks!


love the boxes!


Viva Glam Lauper & Viva Glam Gaga


Viva Glam Gaga


Viva Glam Lauper

I've always loved MAC's Viva Glam campaigns because 100% of the proceeds go to the AIDS foundation! Most donations are only a certain percentage like 10% or 20% - barely anything - but I love it because it's like you're donating to them and getting a free lipstick back! Everyones been going crazy over Lady Gaga's color! I love the color but I'm not sure that I like it on me. I'm starting to get into a nude lip phase but I'm just not used to it. I feel like it makes me look darker than I am and kind of washes me out for some reason. Maybe I just have to get used to it! But I love love love Cyndi Lauper's color!!! It's totally MLBB (My Lips But Better) material!



See what I mean?! lol This is actually my first big MAC haul in a while and I'm actually proud of myself because I spent less than $80! lol Normally when I was absolutely MAC crazy I'd shell out AT LEAST $100+ at a time! Thank goodness for B2M!

No comments:

Post a Comment