Thursday, February 25, 2010

NOTW: MAC Coconut Ice


So, I thought I'd start something new on my blog! I've been getting into nail polish the last couple of months but I don't have the patience to do designs or anything - I leave that up to my sister. LOL But lately I've had the bad habit of biting my nails and ugh I hate the way biting nails looks! So to prevent myself from biting I'm constantly changing my nail polish. (Cause who wants to taste nail polish in their mouth? yuck!) Which explains my new NOTW (Nail of the Week) posts! This week I'm wearing MAC's Coconut Ice which came out with the Lillyland Collection. I don't know why I do this to myself because I hate MAC's nail polish! I don't know if it's just their cream finish or what but I'm always suckered into their colors. I have to put on 3+ coats of the nail polish just for it to come out opaque and if you're a complete amateur when it comes to nail polish (like myself) you find yourself messing up and having streaky nail polish! I've found the trick is to do one layer at a time but let it dry in between for a minute or two then the color comes out more opaque. I keep reminding myself from now on not to buy MAC's nail polish - I'm sure China Glaze or OPI have dupes for them anyway. But I guess using 3 coats doesn't really matter because who really finishes a bottle of nail polish on their own anyway?! My camera kind of washed out the color because it's a little more orangey than the picture shows.

What nail color are you wearing this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment