Monday, February 8, 2010

Braids Update

PLaying around with my hair has been a lot of fun with these braids. I think I've washed/rinsed it like 4 or 5 times in the past two weeks and they still look great.

Last week, I braided the hair in sections with some conditioner and coconut oil and let it dry overnight. I took them down the next day and this is what I ended up with...


Like I said, for the most part I am super pleased with my hair. But I did feel like they were a little sparse for my taste and I wanted there to be more of the individual braids. So, a week from this past Saturday, I took down each braid and split them in half. It took me like 4 hours on Saturday night and a couple of hours on Sunday, including a few breaks. I am much happier with the results now. It is kind of hard to see in the pics but I can tell when I look in the mirror and when I run my hands through them. There is less space and they are much thicker.

These pics are during the morning on last Sunday. I wasn't quite finished but I was beginning to like what I saw. Once I finished, I wet them and applied conditioner and gel to curl the ends.

This Saturday marked the beginning of week three and I don't see myself taking them down anytime soon. I want to try the braid-out again so if I do and it looks different, I'll post the results. The next experiment will be with rollers so we'll see how that turns out. I will be sure to take some pics for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment