Friday, August 21, 2009

What's Your Opinion?:Natural Relaxers

Hey everybody! I really like to know what you all think about things so I decided to do a "What's Your Opinion" post every now and again when something comes up and I want to hear what you all think about it. The purpose is not to stir controversy for controversy's sake, only to see what types of though processes are out there on certain natural hair issues. I hope you will take a little time to give your comment and please do so respectfully.

So, I just saw this vid from Curlychronicles a few minutes ago and it felt like something I wanted to hear your opinions about. I have never tried a "relaxer" of any kind since going natural 10 years ago, but I have heard of different methods used to lengthen, silken, elongate, or loosen kinks and coils. If you don't know what these natural relaxers are all about, here are some links I found:
Treasured Locks, safehairrelaxer.com, and you tube vids here(part1) and here (part2).

Some people feel this is wrong and means you are no longer really natural while others feel like it's just hair, doesn't matter, and should not be taken so seriously.

So what do you all think? Do you agree with what she's saying in terms of the "natural relaxers" being a backdoor way of changing the texture without having to feel like you're using a chemical to change your texture? Or, do you think it just enhances manageability and style options?

Nothing to get all huffy about, just thought it was interesting. Would love to hear your thoughts... ~NL


No comments:

Post a Comment