Sunday, August 2, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: Eyeko Touch Up & Go Concealer


Product: 3/5
Packaging: 3/5
Quality: 2/5
Overall: 2.67 out of 5
Price: $8 at eyeko.com
Would I Repurchase? No

WHAT EYEKO SAYS: Put tired eyes to bed and banish blemishes. Featuring a skin friendly formula combining purified water and jojoba for colour that glides on for a seamless finish and stays put. "It's easy to fake a good nights sleep with this luminous concealer with a silky finish for wide awake eyes in an instant."

PROS
+ The packaging makes it convenient for ladies on the go.
+ Surprisingly, the consistency is nice. It's not too creamy, but not too thin. I think the right consistency for covering blemishes.
+ Comes with a built in brush, so you don't have to use your fingers.
+ Reasonably price at $8

CONS
+ It only comes in one shade.
+ You can't see how much product is left.



COMMENTS: Overall I like the Eyeko concealer. It has a great consistency and I love that you can throw it in your purse! But the deal breaker for me is that it only comes in one shade! And it's wayyy to light for me! If they produced more shades I think I would definitely repurchase this. Here's some comparison swatches with the eyeko concealer vs. my MAC Studio Finish Concealers.



But since I hate letting any products go to waste, I got this tip from Tina Marie! Use concealer that is too light for you to highlight under your brows after filling them in. It conceals those tiny hairs that are too small/thin to pluck out but are still slightly noticeable. After highlighting under the brows, I continue with my normal eyeshadow application and apply eyeshadow highlighter over the concealer.


Eyeko concealer applied under brows


concealer blended out

If you are one of the fairer skinned ladies out there, I think this is a great concealer to keep in your make up bag. But if you're darker toned like me, you can skip this!

BONUS: Purchase $25 or more of Eyeko products and enter code E129 and you'll receive a free full-size Eyeko product and also enjoy free shipping worldwide!

No comments:

Post a Comment