Friday, August 7, 2009

Urban Decay Sustainable Shadow Box

My post on the Urban Decay Fall Line inspired me to bust out my only UD shadow palette! I bought it a couple months ago but I've been neglecting it! I've only used it once for my Simple Smokey Eyes FOTD but other than that it's been collecting dust in one of my drawers. =[ I guess I'm kind of discriminatory when it comes to make up! UD was actually one of my first fave higher end brands but when I discovered MAC and how it was cheaper & had a wider range of colors I completely forgot about all the other brands. I think it's time to start branching out more so I'm gonna post swatches of this palette then you guys can pick which colors I should use for my next FOTD! =]

This is the palette. I bought it from Ulta but you can also buy it at Sephora & urbandecay.com. It retails for $39 at Ulta & urbandecay.com but at Sephora it's only $36. But a discount for you fellow college kids out there - every first Tuesday of the month, Ulta gives 20% off your ENTIRE purchase [including fragrance & prestige brands] with a valid college ID!! So if you don't have one make one of your friends get it for you! I got mine for only $30 because of it! Another bonus is the set comes with a mini UDPP.


You can tell that I barely use these! There's a lot of great colors to choose from and even a brush that comes in the palette. I'm not really a fan of the brush it's too small but the bristles are soft, not scratchy at all - I think they're synthetic.

And of course, the swatches:


Generally I love UD's brown shadows. They're really pigmented and they apply smoothly - like Twice Baked & Half Baked. I wish Flipside & Kiddie Pool were a little more pigmented but if you apply a lot of layers it comes out pretty close to what's in the palette. Let me know which ones you would like to see on a FOTD!

No comments:

Post a Comment