Thursday, February 26, 2009

What the HELL happened to Lil Kim?????


So I almost feel silly for even posting about this but I am just a little shocked! What the hell has she done to herself???? Does no one else see this madness?!!! I always thought Lil Kim was a pretty girl, underneath the bad makeup and weave. But I guess she didn't think so. Wow. I'm almost speechless.

This picture is recent, it's her beside Derek Hough, her DWTS dance partner. I had seen some shots of her since she started this fiasco but this latest is just weird. It's like she wants to really LOOK white! Her skin looks soooo light in that photo and her nose is like, not her nose! I am surprised the hair is black and not blonde (or red or green or blue for that matter, but that's a different issue) but then again it looks like she's copy-cating the Kim Kardashian look. On the one hand, she's grown and can make her own decisions. On the other, what does this new "look" say about how she conceptualizes her beauty and how she presents it to the world? Is this an example of self-hatred (I have my own definitive opinion) or is this just another singer/"actress" who's had work to help her career? I feel sad for her, and for any young women who look up to her (although I don't know any by name, not a judgement just a truth) because of what this new image says. Wow. Aaagghhh!

Kim back in the day...

And it just gets weirder....



It almost makes me wonder, and maybe this is a stretch. So...this is what happenes when you mix black self-loathing with tons of excess cash. What would happen to regular black folks if one day we were all dropped a load of cash?? Would more "regular" people run out and 'fix' their noses, lighten their skin, or sew in miles and miles of long black hair??? Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment