Monday, February 2, 2009

Raven-Symoné is so fly!

“I always enjoy helping girls feel comfortable about themselves and I’m thinking about whose watching with my projects,” -from Essence.com

I love this young lady! I am so glad that she is out there being a positive image for young women. I have never heard any one negative thing about her in the media or seen any scandalous pics of her flashing herself. In a time when most child actors-turned-teens are falling into drugs and bad behavior, Raven-Symoné has continued to mature and stay grounded. Working with kids in schools, I see many young women who are dissatisfied with their bodies. They believe what they see on t.v. and in magazines is real. I love doing girl's groups to teach them about the reality of the media and how to build positive self esteem. I think she looks lovely and and I am so glad to see that she is now working with Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty to help young women develop healthy ideals . It is so sad to see girls at younger and younger ages wishing to be stick thin. I hope she continues to spread the message that beauty is not just about what you look like on the outside but how you treat others and how you treat yourself. You go girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment