Saturday, February 28, 2009

Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme...an Update


Hey guys! So I tried this MJSSC and here are my thoughts. I like it for the most part. It has a nice scent and it is pretty light weight. This is not a product I would use every day or week because it does have some hold and it left a bit of a film on the ends of my hair. However, I would use it again to create a certain style or look that I only planned to wear for a special occasion or something like that.
I used it on my hair once and on my mom's hair once, both were two-strand twists. My mom's hair came out pretty nice; her twist-out was defined and shiny. On my hair, I washed, conditioned, detangled, and twisted using only the MJSSC to style. I liked how it defined the curls around my hairline and it laid down the frizz that I get at the crown area. I sat under a hooded dryer to help speed the drying process. Once I took it down, I actually did not wear it out but I pinned it up. That was the night I met up with Curly Nikki and some other lovely natural ladies for dinner. CN posted some shots on her site here. I kept my hair pinned up for the rest of the week so I was not able to really see how it would feel after leaving it out a few days. I have not used it since then so the next time I will try either a braid-out or a twist-out with it.

So to sum it up here were the pros/cons for me:





Pros:

Scent
Texture
Definition
Slight flexible hold
Smooth fly aways

Cons:
PRICE!
Slight film

No comments:

Post a Comment