Monday, February 2, 2009

Jennifer the Beautiful!

I don't know if I could have done it. Just months from losing her mother, brother and nephew, Jennifer Hudson took center stage and blew the house down. She sounded great and looked even better. And I don't just mean that in a clothes, hair, makeup kinda way, although that was fabulous too. She looked composed, elegant, confident. I was so glad to hear her version of a song that has been sung so many times and so many ways. And curiously enough, while she was singing and I was thinking about all she is working through right now, I couldn't help but think, "And we have a Black president too!" It just all came together hearing her soulful rendition of our national anthem. The words have new meaning now and to hear them sung with such conviction gave me chills. I am not a football fan and honestly did not see one play of the entire game. But I am so glad that I got to witness Jennifer's triumphant return to showcase her amazing talent!

In case you missed it, hear it here:

No comments:

Post a Comment