Friday, February 20, 2009

A Miss Jessie's Trial

Hi guys!!!! I have not been able to post in the last few days, school is keeping me quite busy and exhausted! But, I wanted to post about a new product I am going to try.

In the past, before my second BC and after for my short curls, I have used Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream, Curly Meringue, and Curly Pudding. I used the CM/CP for twist outs and wash-n-go's and the BB for moisture/twists also. I liked how the CP smelled, although it was strong at times, and I liked the CM because the hold was not as hard as with the CP. The BB was a bit greasy, but in a filmy kind of way (probably because of the mineral oil and petrolatum) and I did not really like the smell after a while. As my hair grew I started experiementing with other products and have not really thought about Miss Jessie since. That was until today!

My aunt just recently did a BC and was interested in products for her short hair. I remembered how much the CP defined my curls when I had about an inch of hair and so I sent her a link to the site. The website is so different since I last visited and I found myself browsing through all the pictures of beautiful curls. Their product line has also expanded a great deal. One of the new products caught my eye - the Stretch Silkening Creme.

Here's the description from the Miss Jessie's site:

Stretch Silkening Crème is a quicker to dry whipped soufflé that delivers an amazing plump curl and a brilliant shine. Fabulous for fingerstyling. The lightest of the curl crème bunch.

I purchased the SSC from a local beauty shop. The total price with tax was around $40. I know, I know! That is a ton of money, and believe me I was hesitant. I wasn't going to get the big size (16oz) but my mom and I share produts and go halfsies. I am hoping it will provide nice hold for two-strand twists/twist-outs as well as some moisture. It smells delicious-kinda like how Pantene used to smell before it changed scents and before the relaxed and natural line came out. There is dimethicone and hydrolized wheat protein, which I know these ingredients bother some people, but I usually shampoo once a week anyway so I don't mind trying things with cones. And I have never had any problems with the wheat protein either. Anywhoo...just thought I would share. I hope to try this weekend so I can post about the results. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment