Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love and Politics from India

Align LeftShe's back ya'll! The beautiful India Arie just released her latest album entitled Testimony: Volume 2 Love & Politics. First, the cover art is sweet! I love the richness of her smooth cocoa skin and the chunkiness of her fro. I love the black and white head wrap with the red and yellow words. I love the "left" India laughing, head back, eyes full of joy. And I love the "right" India, serious and almost regal looking.

I was not always a BIG fan of India Arie though I always liked her. But after listening to snippets of this album online, I really like it. It feels light and fresh, not so deep that it's depressing but still thoughtfully written material. Her voice is so distinctive, you always know when you're experiencing India which I find refreshing. If you're a fan, check her out here where you can listen to 30 seconds of each song. I especially like Therapy, Chocolate High, River Rise, and A Beautiful Day.

Check out Therapy below (I love it!):


Here's her video for Chocolate High with Musiq Soulchild:

No comments:

Post a Comment