Monday, August 18, 2008

Walmart Haul, NYC lippie

I got my Silk Naturals haul in today - it was pretty fast! I got a bunch of e/s samples and the foundation samples. I took swatches but I still need to install Adobe Photoshop on my computer! So I'll just post about my little WalMart haul.

I bought the MAC Prep & Prime skin yesterday & clear l/g to put over my lippies because my l/g in a tube is really pissing me off - not enough product comes out and my lipstick ends up coming off on the applicator! Just curious but if you've tried the prep & prime skin does it have glitter in it? Cause I put it under my Bare Minerals foundation and when I was in my car doing a mirror check, there were sparkles all over my face?! I thought for a second I put mineral veil all over my face instead of foundation. But anyway here's my haul


Rimmel foundation primer, NYC lipstick in Cafe, & Rimme blush in Spicy Nude.

Not too much because Cult of Cherry comes out this Friday! But I really wanted to try that primer from Rimmel - I saw it at Ulta the other weekend and it was $8. I was tempted to buy it because I think Rimmel products were buy 2 get one free? But At Walmart the primer was only $4! So I got that and I wanted to try out a blush since it was only $3. Here's a swatch of it


Rimmel Blush in Spicy Nude

A lot of colors don't show up when I swatch them on my complexion =[ plus my camera washes it out and when I don't use flash, it seems like the natural light washes it out anyway! I wanted to try out the NYC lippie because they're only 93 cents! And the packaging kind of looks like MAC lipsticks except the cover is clear.


NYC l/s vs MAC l/s - size


comparison of amount of product

There seems to be as much l/s product in the NYC l/s as MACs.


Rimmel l/s in Cafe

The color is actually nice and it's not drying like most cheap l/s I've tried. It's actually really comparable to NYX lippies, but the only thing I hate about it is the smell. It kind of smells like alcohol, it's not really strong but it's just something I noticed. NYX lippies actually smell kind of good and of course MAC lippies have that sort of vanilla scent! But I will post again tomorrow because I Have work in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment