Monday, August 25, 2008

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Review

I meant to have this review up yesterday, but I think I caught the stomach flu because I was throwing up all afternoon! =[ But I feel better now and I really wanted to put up this review so here it is!



Product: 4/5
Packaging: 3/5
Quality: 4/5
Overall: 3.6 out of 5
Price: $23

WHAT MAC SAYS: An ultra-fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder.

PROS: I used it for a couple days to test it thoroughly and it really does even out my skin. I tend to have slight pink patches on my cheeks which make me look flushed and it totally evened it out. I noticed right away that it leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and the smoothness lasts the entire day. After a couple hours my t-zone tends to get super oily and the primer controlled that for the most part. There was still a little shine at the end of the day but not as much as I would have had without the primer. You don't even need to use a lot of product to cover your whole face! I found that one pump was more than enough. I'm really prone to break outs when I try new face products also and I found that this one left me break out free =]

CONS: Since the packaging is black, you can't tell how much product you've got left! Another thing I noticed, the primer has glitter in it. I couldn't tell at all when I was getting ready at home, but after I went out in the sun, it looked like I sprinkled my face with glitter! Some people may like this, but this was a definite con for me. Another thing that bugged me was after 4 - 5 hours, it seemed like all my make up disappeared! At the end of the day there was no color on my cheeks and barely any foundation yet! Isn't primer supposed to keep it on? Another con is that it's $23 for only 1 oz of product!

COMMENTS: I'm on the fence with this product because I love how silky it leaves my skin yet I can't understand why my foundation or blush just fell off! I don't know if I can justify paying that much for so little product especially if I don't absolutely love it. I think I would only use this at night because the glitter in it makes it kind of weird to wear during the day. I'm not sure if I would purchase this again. I think I would but only if I couldn't find a better primer that makes my make up stay on all day.

Here's some pictures from test day #3 (I know you probably think all the pictures look the same but it doesn't to me! LOL)


Primed Face! No pink patches here!


primer & foundation


full face


where did all my make up go =[

Just for reference I have combination skin, my t-zone tends to get really oily sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment