Friday, August 1, 2008

MAC Starflash & Lustretwins

So, you guys all know MAC launched Starflash & Lustre Twins yesterday, and again like my addicted self, I went to Dillard's to check it out. I was so tempted to buy a lot of them but I wanted to B2M most of them at the free standing store since I have like 30 empty e/s pods from depotting! I took pictures of the displays though! They're kind of off because I took it when the MUA was helping someone else and I didn't want her to scold me so I just snapped them with my iPhone! haha


STARFLASH

I didn't notice til later but Talent Pool is missing from the display but in the picture it's on the bottom right corner lol


LUSTRE TWINS

I was super tempted to buy one of the Lustre Twins just because my fave MUA at that MAC was helping me was totally selling it to me. I'm just gullible like that. I feel inclined to buy things when the customer service is really good! But I held back! Go me! But I did try on one of the colors, Custom Rose, for the rest of the day. She says they're long wearing lip colors and the gloss does fade away, but the color will stay on for 8 hours. The only thing is the texture is different from lip gloss or lipstick. The color did last really long, especially in this 100+ weather we got going on here! I went all around running errands, drank water bottles, and it still stayed on! I might just get Pink Air or the Custom Rose I tried, but at $20 a pop, I think I would rather have my glossy Lip Glass.



Excuse my open mouth. LOL But the only thing I didn't like was the texture. My lips are always super dry so I need gloss or something, but the color does stay when I put gloss over it. I ended up buying these!


2 Talent Pools, Smoke & Diamonds, & Sunset B.


L to R: Sunset B, Smoke & Diamonds, Talent Pool

The texture really is creamy and it does remind me of the Veluxe Pearl finish like Vanessa says. You can really feel that texture even if you just take a swipe I thought they would be a little more pigmented, but they're good for me because I'm still not used to wearing vibrant make up yet! lol I think I'm definitely going back for Mink & Sable just because I don't have Sumptuous Olive, but we'll see when we get there. Talent Pool looks a LOT like Parrot in the pot, but Parrot kind of has a goldish tint to it if you look at it in the right light. But Parrot is more pigmented. I don't know why I bought 2 Talent Pools. Maybe I'll just sell the other one on eBay or exchange it for something else.


Talent Pool vs Parrot

Well I bought other things too at Dillard's, but I need to get ready for work! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment