Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today's Hair: Wash and Go w/ Eco Styler Gel

Hi Ladies!
Today is a BEAUTIFUL day in the DMV.
My hair looks GOOD minus all the shrinkage I am experiencing.
I did a over night DC yesterday after I washed with my Shea Moisture Shampoo.
I felt like pampering my hair last night for some reason.
Since my trim my hair has never felt better!
I do not have nearly as many single strand knots
and
my hair feels super soft because of it.
Also, when I wash my hair it my curl definition seems more defined.
My ends do not look straggly and brittle like they did before.
My curls spiral from the ends to the root and I LOVE the way it looks.

When I rinsed out my DC my hair was super soft and very easy to de-tanlge.
To style my hair I used:
(Links to products are provided below)
I didn't want to wear a puff today because my head is really starting to hurt from them being so tight.
I feel like the elastics are leaving permanent dents in my scalp.
Not GOOD!
I noticed that my right side edges have developed hair bumps
which means my hair is pulled back TOO TIGHT and it's time for a break.

ANY WHO,
I sectioned my hair is small sections, applied the Burnt Sugar by Oyin, and then used a TAD bit of the Eco Styler.
I made sure I applied both products from ROOT to TIP.
Once I did that I used my Denman brush to define my curls.
I started by smoothing my ends with the brush first then taking the brush to the root of my hair to smooth downward.
I spritzed with some Greg Juice by Oyin, shook my head a few times to give me a messy but cute look
and VOILA,  I had defined pretty curls.
I decided to pin back my sides and add a flower for some pizazz.

Sidenote: The reason why I used Oyin's Burnt sugar under the Eco Styler gel is because the ESG can make the hair hard and crunchy.
If you use a sealant or a leave in conditioner 
that hardness can be prevented.
***You only need a LITTLE Eco gel to get the job done. I learned that the hard way. I an be heavy handed with products***

Pics after the jump.





















xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment