Monday, August 30, 2010

From Ms to Mrs!



Hey guys and gals! Pardon me for the long haitus but thanks for the well wishes! The trip to Cancun was more than relaxing and my wedding went off without a hitch this past Saturday. The weather was beautiful at 10 am when we exchanged vows in front of our close friends and family. It was very laid back and calm, just like we hoped for, and we were really able to take in the moment.

Of all the things to worry about at a wedding- the dress, the cake, the weather- I was most preoccupied with the hair! I just know how humidity can NOT be my friend sometimes and so during the planning process I was at a loss for a style. My husband requested that I wear my hair out in some way so of course I wanted to oblige. I knew that no matter what, I wanted to rock a natural style with no heat! Understanding my hair and how it rarely holds a set in the warm summer months, I was hesitant. But, once I decided on the style, all I could do was hope for the best and let go!

So,the night before, I twisted my hair (dry) with Miss Jessies Curly Pudding. I then rolled each twist on a small perm rod and let it set overnight. I chose not to wash my hair the night before because I wanted it to be full and somewhat stretched. I was not 100% sure how it would turn out and I definitely did not know how long it would hold up over the course of the day. But the MJCP gave it just the right amount of hold and I was very pleased, even as the temp rose outside while we walked around taking pics. My mom bought me the cute flower clips for a but of decoration and bling--- thanks ma!






The wedding itself was perfect for us. Just close friends and family joined us on the day and everything was extremely relaxed. We really got to focus on each other and those around us.



So, in addition to the vacay and wedding, I started my new job. Needless to say, I have been busy! I hope to get back to some sort of regular posting and I really appreciate your patience in my absence. I hope you like the pics and take care!

~NL

No comments:

Post a Comment