Monday, August 1, 2011

What's in my Oil Bottle plus 1




As most of you know today was the Protective Style Challenge kick off, super exciting! Over 70 women are participating and corresponding via email which is great. I decided since I will be wearing my hair braided for the majority of the challenge I needed to go invest in a new and bigger applicator bottle to oil my scalp while the cornrows are in. What better place to go than Sally's BSS? I didn't know it'd be so hard to pick out a $2 plastic bottle but it was. LOL, I couldn't decide, there were so many options!


**The spray bottle has lavender and calendula flower hair tea in it. GREAT for spritzing and refreshing strands**



Any who, I finally made a decision and a went with the large 8 oz bottle with the red little snap thingy to keep the contents from spilling. I also picked up Olive Oil's Smooth-n-Pudding. *Tisk Tisk* on me, I shouldn't have bought this product but you can blame my friend Ava for luring me in. It was only $6.99 if that makes my pure PJ purchase any better. It doesn't, I know. BUT I was super excited to use the product when I got home and filling my applicator bottle with some yummy oils, was the highlight of my evening. 


What's in my Mix


2 oz of EVOO - Rich in biotin, niacin, vitamins A and E 

1 oz of apricot oil-Rich in essential fatty acids
1/2 oz argan oil- High in omega 3 and 9, unsaturated fatty acids

1 oz of castor oil- Cleans and rids scalp of impurities
2 oz of sweet almond oil- has the ability to soften the skin on the scalp and reduce 
inflammation

**All items can be purchased on Ebay or at your local WholeFoods**





After filling my bottle I applied the oil to my scalp and gave myself a little massage to stimulate blood flow. Once all of that was said and done I twisted my bang area with the new Olive Oil product. I really wanted to put my mini twists back in but I didn't have time.


I was surprised at how much I liked this product on the first try. The packaging says it's a "gel" but I get more of a creamy custard feel. The consistency is great and the scent was pleasant, it also provided decent slip while combing which is a huge plus! 


I am anxious to see what my twist out will look like tomorrow. I flat twisted the right side up and over because I want my style to lay to the left. Hopefully it comes out well, stay tuned for pictures!

xoxo,
Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment