Monday, August 1, 2011

Gelish Nails



Before I left or Guam a couple weeks ago, my mom and I got our nails done and the nail techs showed us this Gelish Polish and I really wanted to try it! My sister tried it before and she really liked it so I thought I'd give it a shot. Normally, if I do get my nails done - which is once every few months! - I get simple french tips with the gel beds. The Gelish polish is a relatively new kind of polish from Hand Nail and Harmony. It's basically a heavy duty nail polish that's cured under the UV lamps to harden. The nail tech told me it would last me 2 - 3 weeks and to take it off I just had to soak my nails in nail polish remover. They come in a various amount of shades - you can see the complete description/application/removal on the Hand Nail & Harmony website here


a few of the colors

I'm actually really pleased with these and I think I'll definitely get them again if I could. I like getting french tips + gel done on my fingernails because they last a really long time and these definitely last a while, too. It lasted 2 - 3 weeks for me, as expected. Towards the end of the second week my nail beds were showing really bad - even the hubby noticed! - but my nails do grow pretty fast. It took me around 15 minutes to get them off, but I'd already peeled off a few of my nails already. I'm pretty impatient with the soaking but once you soak them for a while in nail polish remover, they're pretty easy to pick off. My nails were a little weaker, but they were a lot stronger compared to the regular gel nails I get done. The thing I LOVED the most about it was there was absolutely NO CHIPPING and I didn't break a single finger nail! I wash/clean all the time (where most of the chipping happens) and I didn't have any problems at all. I believe it cost around $30 to get these done, which is kind of pricey, but getting your nails done by pros usually costs you. Hopefully I can find a salon that does these in AZ because I'll definitely be doing them again!



my nails after about 1.5 weeks. I think this color is called June Bride



my video review!

No comments:

Post a Comment