Friday, October 2, 2009

Is this happening to you too?

Image from HERE

With all the talk of natural hair going on in the media these days, I have been approached more and more by white people who tell me how much they love my hair. I had one teacher say to me yesterday that her husband watched the Oprah episode with Chris Rock and absolutely loved it. It seems that many people (white specifically but not exclusively) are getting wind of what we (black women) have known and dealt with all our lives.

So my question to you is, how have people been responding to this new wave of media talk about natural hair? Has anyone said anything to you that totally bothered you or made you mad? If so, how did you handle it? Likewise, if you've had good conversations about natural hair with people as a result, tell us about that too. I'm really just interested in hearing how all this is affecting other people out there since the topic has become a very public discussion as of late... Leave your comments and remember to always be respectful. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment