Wednesday, October 7, 2009

'Good Hair' gone Bad??


Got an interesting reader email that I thought I'd share. Take a look...

Hi Leslie

First, just wanted to let you know that I really like your blog. I've been following it for some time now and I enjoy reading your thoughts. Anyway I thought I'd bring to your attention that the makers of the "Good Hair" Doc are being sued, because apparently the idea was stolen from filmmaker Regina Kimball who did a documentary called "My Nappy Roots." I posted the link to the article on my blog
http://quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com/2009/10/uh-oh-for-good-hair-documentary.html where they have all the details. Maybe something you want to take a look at and possible bring to your readers' attention?

Thanks for you time!

I love when people share interesting stuff with us. It seems like this might bring even more attention to Black hair trends. Read the article (it's short) and tell me what you think. When you're done with that, click here to check out My Nappy Roots to compare and contrast. With a topic like this, it seems inevitable that two films would cover similar content. However, if they really are as similar as the article makes them out to be, Chris Rock might have an issue on his hands. Hmmmm...we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment