Saturday, November 22, 2008

MAC Metal Urge

MAC's latest collection, Metal Urge, was released last Thursday. I stopped by my Dillard's counter to check it out, but I was not very impressed with this collection. It's kind of a repromote of their past cream eyeshadows Metal-X. Two colors from that collection, Metalblu & Goldspice, were re-released. I didn't catch them the first time around but from forums on Specktra, the cream based shadows were not popular because of creasing.

[credit] Color Story as follows

Brushed Metal-X[$16.50]
* Material Gold - Pale peach/beige with gold pearl
* Pink Platinum - Light blue/pink with silver pearl
* Metalblu - Navy blue with silver pearl
* Verdigris - Dirty deep green with silver pearl
* Forged Rose - Reddish copper with gold pearl
* Gilded Ash - Dark charcoal grey with pearl
* Goldspice - Metallic coppery gold


Pigments [$19.50]

* Gold Mode - Tan gold
* Spiritualize - Yellow-green with silver and gold pearl
* Cocomotion - Dirty gold with an olive undertone and gold sparkle


Reflects Glitter [$17.50]

* Reflects Very Pink - Sparkling fuchsia pink
* Reflects Purple Duo - Sparkling rich purple
* Reflects Blackened Red - Sparkling burgundy
* Reflects Bronze - Sparkling rich gold


Liquidlast Liner [$16.50]

* Classic Cream - White gold
* Visionaire - Clean baby pink
* Inky - Navy blue with low level pearl
* Inkspill - Deep green with green pearl
* Powerplum - Deep plum with red pearl
* Dress Khaki - Khaki green with yellow pearl
* Molten Sol - Rich gold with intense metallic pearl


Brushes:

* #209 Precise Eye Liner [$17.00]
* #217 Blending Brush [$22.50]
* #272 Small Angled Shader [$23.00]

I originally only planned to get Pink Platinum e/s & Visionaire LL [because u know I LOVE PINK!] but when I swatched pink platinum I was VERY disappointed because it turned out silver on my skin. No pink at all! I did get Visionaire, though. I ended up going to the freestanding store yesterday. I wasn't gonna pick up anything either but I asked the MUA to try a smokey eye on me using the Metal-X and this is what she did...


I think I look really weird in this picture but WHATEVER! lol Also, I already had a full face on when I went, but she redid my eyeshadow and touched up my cheeks with Petticoat MSF & touched up my mascara with Dazzlelash

EYES
+ Metal Urge E/S in Material Gold [inner half of lid]
+ Metal Urge E/S in Gilded Ash [outer half of lid]
+ E/S in Smut [outer v & crease]
+ Pigment in Cocomotion [highlight]
+ L/L in Inky

I really liked it because it's simple and it doesn't take long to do. I wasn't particularly fond of the blue liner she put on me, she said "it's not as harsh as black liner" but I really like the 'harshness' of it. lol She said we could actually use the e/s on the cheeks too. [like pink platinum for fairer skinned ladies] The consistency is super cream. I know a lot of people didn't like Metal-X because it creased, but when I asked the MUA, she said it is a cream shadow so it's going to crease. She recommended using it on the lid or as highlight but not so much as the actual crease color. If you have oily lids, I don't really recommend this - you'll probably crease like crazy! Overall I think this collection is passable since most of the L/L are permanent, the only thing really worth looking for I think is the Spiritualize pigment but it looks a lot like Juxt + Swimming or Shimmermoss or something. But I ended up getting the two Metal Urge eyeshadows because I love my smokey eyes! lol Here are some swatches!


Gilded Ash & Material Gold


Material Gold/Gilded Ash/Visionaire with flash


without flash or visionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment