Thursday, April 8, 2010

FOTD: Beyonce 'Honey Bee' Inspired

I know everyone went crazy over the Lady Gaga & Beyonce - Telephone music video when it first came out! I wanted to do some looks from the video but I haven't really had time since I've been so busy! But I managed to try out Beyonce's "Honey Bee" look from the diner. Finally got to break out my MAC Chrome Yellow - the one that everyone buys but never uses! lol Here's the original:



and here's my look





My look is toned down a lot more - definitely more wearable during the day. Now that I look at it I should have used a darker brown in my crease but whatever! It's not too much and the yellow kinda pops. Sorry I did this look in like 10 minutes it looks kinda sloppy! lol

FACE
+ Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in Rich Ginger
+ Coastal Scents Contour Palette [contour/highlight]
+ MAC Eversun Blush

EYES
+ MAC Painterly Paint Pot
+ NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
+ MAC Chrome Yellow Eyeshadow [lid]
+ MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow [crease]
+ MAC Saddle Eyeshadow [outer crease]
+ MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
+ Benefit Bad Gal Lash

LIPS
+ MAC Creme Cerise Lipstick
+ MAC Languish Lipglass

It looks hella sloppy but whatever it's been a while since I put up a FOTD! I tried to wing the eyeliner as best as I could but I'm not particularly fond of winged liner. Anyway in other news I went to Sephora today to check out the Tokidoki Collection! OMG the packaging is SOO cute! I wanted everything! But after swatching all the shadows and everything I think the only thing I'm going to end up buying is the Bastardino Palette. The Diamante and Adios palettes have some gritty glittery shadows I really didn't like. I wanted to love Luminosa highlighter but it's wayy too light for my skin and the 'bronzers' were the color of my skin! It just looked like I had a glitter bomb explode on my skin! The lipgloss brushes are weird it's like a little stub of plastic! Smelled yummy but didn't seem worth teh $15. The glitter liner was surprisingly really pigmented but nothing really wowed me. I didn't like the individual shadows either. Loved the packaging though! Anyway I'll try to put up my collection post this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment