Saturday, July 26, 2008

MAC Haul & Palettes

So, I went to the MAC store like I said I would yesterday and I came home with more things than I told myself to buy. (like always)

I bought 3 empty e/s palettes, Plush Glass in Full For You, Ricepaper, Nylon, & Naked Truth e/s all in pans, the 189 brush from the New View collection, aaand Rollickin' paint pot! Can you believe they had it? I was just checking out the paint pots and thinking to myself "Maybe I'll get artifact next time." Lo, and behold, the very last paint pot was Rollickin'! I had to ask the MUA if it's permanent because I didn't see it there last time! He said that they just had a few leftover, so of course I took one! I should buy whatever they have left and sell it on ebay. lol! That's one of the reasons I love the MAC here in Tucson. Nobody ever goes to it because it's soo far, but they usually have all the LE stuff still in stock. I remember the Neo Sci-Fi collection, the solar bits were completely sold out everywhere in Hawaii and at the department store counters at the malls in Tucson, but I went to that MAC and they were like "Oh we have like 5!" haha The manager actually remembered me too and I was super happy when she complemented my make up. She even asked me what colors I used and she showed me how to apply the mineral e/s wet when I asked her. They make me feel so comfortable in that MAC. haha

I bought the 3 palettes because I've been getting annoyed that I have to find which colors I want and open them just to see if it's really the color I want to use. So I depotted them all! I didn't know that I accumulated so many e/s. It's just so much more organized and more compact in the palettes. I was scared to depot, too, just because most of the tutorials I found were using a candle or straightener! I'm really bad with that kind of stuff, but I found this tutorial from EnKore and it's really easy! The video is called Depotting Mac w/o Heat. It's basically pulling away some of the plastic that surrounds the pan and putting some alcohol under the pan to dissolve the glue and that's it! His tutorials are so helpful. The only thing is that I had to depot 30 e/s and all the glue started sticking to my hands. But I finished!



Almost all of them depotted perfectly, except for Chrome Yellow.



I don't think you can see it to well, but for some reason when I snapped the plastic away with the wire cutter a big chunk of it just cracked off. =[ I was able to salvage most of it, there's still probably 65 - 75% of product in there. I took a picture of all my MAC make up before I depotted them mostly because my sister wanted to see lol but here it is.



I'm super annoyed because I wanted to show you guys my little FOTD, the one that the MUA complemented me on but I can't find the stupid plug to my camera! =[ The pictures are directly on my camera's memory and I can't figure out if I can transfer it to my memory card when it's in there so ugh. I guess I'll just post it up later. And I'll put up a swatch post for all my goodies like I promised. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment