Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rimmel Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer Review



Product: 5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Quality: 4/5
Overall: 4.3 out of 5
Price: $4 - $5 @ Drugstores

WHAT RIMMEL SAYS: Skin perfecting primer smoothes and evens out your complexion - prolongs the wear of your foundation.

PROS: Although the primer only comes in an "apricot" color (according to the website) the color doesn't really show at all. It really did hold my foundation in for the whole day without making my t-zone super oily! It actually held oiliness at bay for me. Like the MAC Prep + Prime, you don't need a lot of product to use on your entire face and it didn't break me out at all.

CONS: I'm rather dark skinned, so it might tinge fairer skinned ladies out there, I'm really not too sure. I prefer the pump packaging to this one, it's just cleaner for me. If you really want a silky finish, this isn't really the product for you.

COMMENTS: Overall I think this product is great! It's affordable which is a definite plus and I really think it works better than my MAC Prep + Prime Skin and for a fraction of the price. It kept my make up on a lot longer than the MAC primer also, which was actually very surprising. It didn't leave a silky smooth finish as it claims, the MAC primer was definitely silkier. However, I would sacrifice that silkiness since it makes my foundation & blush last a lot longer!

I really wanna try the Camellia Rose Skin Soothing Primer! I think that'll be the next primer review once I get my hands on that.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment