Saturday, March 6, 2010

Collection Sneak Peek & Random Updates

I've been really frustrated lately because my skin is acting up and this has NEVER happened to me! I'm breaking out around my chin and jaw and it's driving me nuts because I never break out like this! I think it was my MAC Hyper Real Foundation. =[ It did this to me before but I guess my skin doesn't like it anymore! Once I started using my Everyday Minerals sample or my Studio Fix Powder, it started clearing up though so hopefully it'll be all gone by the time I get back to HI.



Speaking of foundation, MAC released it's new Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation. It comes in a compact like their Studio Tech, but the texture is a LOT creamier. It's so smooth! It's a cross between gel/cream/liquid. I don't know how to explain it just touch it the next time you visit your counter and you'll know what I'm talking about!



I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I don't love it right off the bat and I think the SPF 15 gives me a little white cast when I take pictures =[ but in person it looks OK. I don't think I'll be able to test it out until my breakouts stop acting up but we'll see. I always noticed the colors are a little off for MAC mineralize things has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? I'm normally a cross between NC42 and NC44 and I kinda match more with NC44 but OMG NC44 was WAYY too dark for me but now I feel like NC42 is to light. It feels like I'm wearing foundation when I first put it on and if you I put too much I feel like there's a whole other layer on top of my face so I kinda don't like that. I like that it doesn't have shimmer or glitter in it like the Satinfinish and that it comes in a compact but I might end up returning it. We'll see! It's $32 so it's more expensive than most of their foundations but idk if it's really worth it. I'll try to do a review on it.



Also copped the new MAC 130 brush! AHH I missed out on the 131 when it came out and I fell in looove with this once I saw it! It's like a flat top 109/187 brush which I love using for my foundation so you know I love it! It's a little expensive [$38] but I've already been using it everyday. It's really short and dense so I think it's perfect for liquid foundations. Tried it with my Studio Fix fluid and it's love!!





Wore this outfit to work last week and I thought it was so cute! =] Whole outfit from F21 cost me $35 total!!! Didn't buy everything at once though.



Rocked the HK necklace ;] I think I'm wearing the new foundation here but I can't remember. It's slightly too light for me =[ I tried putting MSF natural and bronzer close to my skin color but eh it's not a perfect match and idk if I wanna do all that work everytime.

Don't think I forgot about my collection post! It's coming! But haven't had time to take a million pictures and label everything but here's a sneak peek!



Gotta love OCD. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment