Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Privacy, X-Ray Scanners, & "Don't Touch My Junk!"



This is totally non-beauty/make-up related but I heard about this today and I saw this video on YouTube and it just got me thinking WTF? If you haven't heard, TSA has these new x-ray scanners out to scan if you have a bomb or some other weapon on you when you go through airport security. I'm all for security when flying and whatnot, but these scanners don't x-ray your bones, it x-rays your body and the screener can see you completely naked! If you don't want to do that, you can opt to do a pat down which is totally unlike a normal pat down where they use the back of their hands - they use the front of their hands! And if you're a guy, you'll basically being groped! I don't even wanna know what they do to the women.

I don't know the exact story, but John Tyner went through airport security and didn't want to go through that x-ray machine and when the security guard explained to John how he was going to "pat him down" John said, "If touch my junk, I'll have you arrested." This sparked a whole other thing and they made a big deal about it threatening him with a fine and everything! If you watch the video it explains it so much better than I do, but I kind of agree with the people who are arguing that it's an invasion of privacy. I don't like the idea that either someone's going to see me naked or I have to be groped. I'm sure it's not THAT bad but thinking about what those anchors said how if anybody else did this to you, it would be considered a felony but because it's the government, it's OK! WTF? I'm sure people have not fought so hard for our right to privacy only to be violated at airport screenings. Yes, after 9/11 security is a HUGE issue and I do want to feel safe, but you think that they would find other ways around this. Idk what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment